The increasing rate of urbanization has led to construction sites working on building various structures every other day. The high demand for residential and commercial buildings has given rise to new construction sites being set up at every spare piece of land in the urban areas. You may have seen construction workers working endless hours a day to get these constructions completed and ready for use. You may have also noticed that every under-construction building has a network of metal pipes or wooden planks around it that support the structure. This supporting structure is important in any construction and is known as scaffolding.
Scaffolding Bromley is a skeleton structure made around the structure to support the building that is being constructed. It is also known as scaffold or staging. It provides a platform for the workers to do the construction work. It is generally made from metal or wood as it has to be strong and capable of supporting the weight of the raw materials and of the worker while they are getting construction work done. There are many types of scaffolding based on the type of construction.
- Single scaffolding: This is probably the oldest method of scaffolding. As it is mainly used for brick masonry, it is also called brick layer’s scaffolding. This type of scaffolding has standards, ledgers, putlogs which are put up approximately 1.2 meters away, against the wall. Ledgers join the standards at a distance of 1.2 to 1.5 meters vertically and the distance between each standard is 2 to 2.5 meters and that between putlogs is 1.2 to 1.5 meters.
- Double scaffolding: It is also called independent scaffolding and is used mainly in stone masonry. It can be hard to make holes in stone walls to put putlogs in them, so two scaffoldings are used to make a strong structure. The first row is 20 to 30 cm away from the wall, the second one is 1 meter away from the first. Moreover, the structure is made even more firm using cross braces and rakers.
- Cantilever scaffolding: Also known as single frame scaffolding, cantilever scaffolding is one where the standards are propped by a chain of needles, pulled out from the holes in the wall. This type of scaffolding cannot be used everywhere and has to be installed very carefully. Cantilever scaffolding can be used in situations where the top of the wall is under construction or when the ground is close to the wall and has no traffic.
- Steel scaffolding: According to its name, steel scaffolding is the one where tubes of steel are used to make the scaffold. It is set using couplers so it is easy to assemble and disintegrate. Steel scaffolding has its benefits like being fire-resistant, strong, and has durability. But it also is expensive. Steel scaffolding is usually used in outdoor constructions and gives more safety to the workers during construction.
- Patented scaffolding: Patented scaffolding is made out of steel and has special couplings and frames in it. They are ready-made scaffolds available in the market. Here, the working platform is supported by the brackets which can be adjusted to the level needed.